1. Spruce Up Your URL – The URL is what a visitor will type in to access your website. It is wise to keep your domain name relatively short. In addition, formatting pages shouldn’t run over a certain amount of characters. Generally, you will want to keep the word count of URLs to around 10-15 words per URL.
2. Insert Main Keyword in Title – Titles of posts or pages are great places to have the main keyword in. Search engines place great value in what content makes up the title of a web page.
3. Headers are Great for Related Keywords – In addition to titles, headers are great ways to organize break up long pages of content. Many marketers use headers as places to insert relative keywords. Having multiple keywords on your web page helps to increase what you can rank for.
4. Don’t Forget About Alt Tags – Alt tags are used with images by search engine bots. These bots are unable to see what an image is about meaning they rely on alt tags. Most website editing platforms have areas to insert alt tags into. It is recommended to use an alt tag that contains all or part of a keyword you want to rank for.
5. Search Engines can View Image File Names – Many marketers forget to optimize their image names when saving them. You will want to take every opportunity possible in the world of SEO. Taking the extra five seconds to name an image can take your website rankings far.
6. Longer On-Page Copy is Better – You don’t want to write a book for every website post you make. However, pages with more text will often tend to rank better than content thin pages. Most pages can get away with about 550 words but feel free to go past the 1000 word mark.
7. Don’t Keyword Stuff – Creating longer posts can offer temptation to go overboard on keyword insertion. You’ll only want to use keywords in 0.1-2% of your main text. It is generally recommended that the main keyword not be included often within your website text.
8. Include Relevant Location Information – Local SEO will greatly benefit for inserting city and state names within their chosen keywords. Many local customers will include their city and state name within their search. A website prominently featuring a city or state name can show up for searches with those words within them.
9. Offer Promotions for Local Reviewers – One way to build up a strong local presence is with reviews. Many local directories will feature the ratings and reviews of a business. Offering a discount to people that leave an honest review of your business can drum up more of a social presence.
10. Local Links are Great – You will want your website to receive quality local links. Local newspapers and other sources of local news are great links for your website. In addition, ensuring your website is on local directories could mean more exposure for your company.
11. Post Content on Social Platforms – Regularly posting on social websites like Facebook and Twitter can help boost your social presence. A better social presence means that your website receives better rankings.
12. Create Quality Backlinks to Your Content – Having links from quality websites has been shown to improve the rankings of websites in search engines. You will want to receive backlinks from domains that have authority. Websites that are from well-known companies can be great for establishing a huge local presence. Businesses wanting to keep it local can greatly benefit from local backlinks too.