1. Remember that your website is a means to an end. Every aspect of your website should be designed to lead your customer through your sales pitch. Quality content and easy access to information are critical components of your pitch. Your website should clearly illustrate to each customer the value that your goods or services provide to them. When done effectively, this will lead to a higher rate of conversion.
2. Commit to keeping your content fresh. Content is one of the most important elements of any digital marketing campaign. Your website should strive to provide information that is engaging, useful and keyword rich. Focus on incorporating local landmarks, news or current events into your content. In addition to being useful, your content should strive to relate your business to the neighbourhood surrounding it. This will boost your local search engine rankings and drive qualified leads to your site.
3. Update your local listings. No matter where your business is located, there are likely hundreds of local listing options available to you. Use as many of these options as possible and make sure you keep each of them updated. Key information like your company name, address, contact information and hours of operation should be uniform across every local listing platform. While this may require a huge time investment, it is essential to the success of your local SEO rankings.
4. Optimize your content. Not only does your content need to be fresh, but it also needs to be properly optimized. Analyze metrics such as keyword performance and traffic patterns to identify ways to further optimize your content. Maintaining a steady stream of new content while updating your old content will lead to higher rankings in major search engines. This drives more traffic to your website which means more potential sales.
5. Do your research. In order to stay ahead of your competition, you will need to constantly research high ranking keywords that are related to your business. This allows you to generate targeted content that will draw qualified leads to your site. Content that is full of the right keywords will draw the right kind of traffic. To take it one step further, long-tailed keywords will help you attract leads that are even more likely to convert to sales.
6. Always keep an eye on your competition. You should always be aware of what your local competitors are doing. This allows you an opportunity to analyze and duplicate their success. Study the keywords they use, the sources of their traffic and their methods for building backlinks. Reading deep into this information can help you gain access to your competitors’ audience.
7. Be patient. Garnering a top position in local SEO rankings can take time. It may require a significant investment of time and energy to get where you want to be. This means committing to frequently analyzing incoming traffic, building backlinks, generating new copy and optimizing the content of your pages. Unless your business is in a market with relatively low competition, these results will not happen overnight. Be patient and know that your efforts will pay off.
The race for local SEO rankings is fierce. These 7 tips will help you boost your local rankings and give you a leg up over your competition.