“Every local business wants to have more website traffic through their blog posts. The next blog post you create could end up ranking incredibly well. Ensuring you follow these upcoming tips will improve the SEO of your next blog post. Here are eight tips to optimize your blog post for local SEO.
1. Perform Keyword Research – Before you create a blog post, it is wise to know what keywords to go after. Writing about a topic that you know about is a great first tip. Once you have a subject, you can begin to start research relevant keywords. Keywords with low competition and a high search volume are great words to go after.
2. Include Relevant Headers – Headers are larger text formats used in blog post creations. However, you don’t want to overdo it with using headers. Headers have different sizes that can be used within a blog post. However, you will want to use larger headers more sparingly than smaller headers.
3. Insert a Decent Amount of Text – Search engines want to send users to pages with lots of information. When you create a blog post, aim for at least 550 words. However, it is a wise idea to write longer blog posts rather than shorts ones. Your blog posts should have a lot of content but only if it makes sense in the context of your writing.
4. Format Text in a Readable Manner – Text that is broken up into smaller sentences and paragraphs is easier to read. No visitor wants to read through a solid wall of text. Break up paragraphs every two to four sentences. It is also important to watch sentences that go on too long. Having easy to read blog posts helps to ensure users stay on your blog for a while.
5. Insert Relevant Internal Links – You can use a blog post as a way to send traffic to other pages on your website. Inserting a few relevant internal links is a great addition to a blog post. Don’t go wild inserting internal links, only place one to two in a blog post. You will want to mix it up and not insert these internal links into every blog post you create.
6. Insert Images and Videos – Adding images and videos can be great for blog posts. Users will often stay on a website longer if it has videos and images within it. Many people use the internet to watch all sorts of videos. Including videos on your website can hold the attention of any reader. Search engines also view images and video as forms of engaging content.
7. Don’t Forget About Alt Tags – You will want to place the right text for your image alt tags. Most website editors will have sections to edit alt tags. Alt tags can be a great place to insert a relevant keyword. You don’t want search engines to be confused by your blog post. These alt tags will tell search engine bots what your image is about.
8. Include a Call to Action – A call to action inspires someone to take a certain action. If you are a roofer, you will want visitors to call your roofing company. The key to making a great call to action is to be helpful. Don’t go overboard on sales language in your call to action. A general message that implies a customer should contact you or your business is good enough.
In closing, there are many ways to achieve great local SEO rankings. Following the previously mentioned tips will help improve your blog posts.”