If you own a business, it is important to improve your local search rankings. These are some great ways to do it:
1. Include The Name Of Your Location Along With The Type Of Business That You Own:
This will ensure that people find your business when they look up the service that you offer along with your location’s name. If you include several of these long tail keywords, your local search rankings are likely to be higher than other businesses in your area. In addition, it’s a good idea to use several variants of your location’s name. These are some ways that you should include your location’s name:
- The name of your county
- The name of your city
- The name of your businesses’ neighborhood
- The name of your state
2. Have The Right Number Of Keywords:
Your website should consist of 1-3% keywords. It should never exceed 3% keywords. If it does, your website could get blocked by search engines.
3. Include A Meta Description:
A meta description will increase the number of people who go to your page from the search results. This will improve your search rankings. A good meta description should be anywhere between 150 and 160 characters. If the meta description is more than 150-160 characters, it won’t show up in the search results. As a result, people won’t be able to read it.
4. Effectively Create Backlinks:
While backlinks can improve your search rankings, not all backlinks are created equal. Backlinks from high-traffic websites are more valuable. If a website contains inaccurate or controversial information, it could reduce your search rankings and should be avoided. If a website’s quality declines and you no longer want to have a backlink from it, Google’s disavow link feature can allow you to cancel the link.
5. Have Landing Pages For Specific Regions:
If you offer your services in multiple cities, regions, or neighborhoods, it’s a good idea to have landing pages for each location.
6. Ensure That Your Content Is Engaging:
Google closely examines the amount of time that people spend on your page. These are some ways to increase the amount of time that visitors stay on your page:
- Use grease-slide words or phrases.
- Use headings that pose a question.
- Ensure that all of your content is grammatically correct.
- Make sure that your content is well-organized.